VandalCard - Frequently Asked Questions


  1. How do I obtain a VandalCard?
  2. Where can the VandalCard be used?
  3. How do I obtain a different type of card or ID badge?

Request VandalCard assistance

How do I obtain a VandalCard?

You can request your VandalCard by going to and clicking "Request a VandalCard". Once you have submitted the request, the card will either be mailed to you or you can stop by and pick it up in the Student Technology Center in TLC 128. 

Students: Have to be registered for a least 1 credit for the semester that a card is requested.

Faculty/Staff/Affiliate: Employee status determines the requirements. If your supervisor

Where can the VandalCard be used?

The VandalCard has many uses on campus. They include but are not limited to the following:


  • Access to the University of Idaho Library
  • Access to recreational facilities
  • Access to athletic events ( for students with 8 or more credits)
  • Access to ASUI productions
  • Access to University Health Services
  • Access to authorized buildings, offices, residence halls, and campus meal plans.
  • Required identification for taking some tests.
  • Access to on-campus student discounts.
  • Access to merchant sponsored student discounts where available.

Faculty and Staff

  • Access to the University of Idaho Library.
  • Access to recreational facilities. Facilities include Memorial Gym, Kibbie Activity Center, and Swim Center. Fee for using Student Recreation Center (SRC).
  • Access to authorized buildings, labs, offices, and meal plans.
  • Access to Educator’s discounts for products and travel.

How do I obtain a different type of card or ID badge?

Many departments require a separate ID badge for working on campus. An e-mail or memo from the individual’s Supervisor is required for issuing these.

Alumni Cards

Qualified Alumni can purchase an ID card for use at the SRC for $10.00.

Staff/Student Spouse Cards

Spouse cards can be purchased for $10.00. They expire the same time the affiliate's card expires. Individuals have to bring in addition to a valid ID, one of the following:

  • Marriage License or certificate (English Version)
  • Front page of last year’s 1040 Federal Tax form showing both names on it.
  • Valid Military Dependents ID card.

For other cards available, please contact the VandalCard Office.

Meal Plans and Dining Dollars?

Please find more information on the Meal Plans 2020-2021 article found here:


Contact VandalCard Services at

0% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 102
Thu 12/7/17 4:06 PM
Mon 7/27/20 2:22 PM