How do I change my name?

Official Name Change:

This change will reflect on your official university records.

  • Employees: Contact HR with one of the following documents (see page 4): Name Change Document Requirements
  • Students: Submit Request for Student Name change to the Registrar: Change of Name 
    • This form can also be found on the Office of the Registrar's website under Forms

Preferred Name Change:

As of January 1, 2021, students and employees can change their preferred first name in VandalWeb. See the Preferred First Name webpage for instructions on how to set your preferred first name. The webpage also lists which systems and services will use preferred first name, and which will continue to use legal name. Contact with questions and concerns related to preferred first name.

As of October 18, 2021, your preferred first name in VandalWeb will also be reflected in Zoom.

Alumni Name Change:


Article ID: 935
Thu 6/28/18 9:40 AM
Tue 10/19/21 9:18 AM