The university is does not provide personal web space by default. However, faculty and staff can request web space by demonstrating an academic need or purpose. Once the request has been approved, employees may access sites using CIFS, SFTP, Dreamweaver and more.


For faculty and staff, the university can provide academic-related web space for things such as taught classes and an academic portfolio site.

When making the request, we will need to know your username, why the request is being made and the address of the webspace you wish to have. All university sponsored webpages are of the form

As such, requested webpages will be in the form:



Information Technology Services no longer offers hosted web pages by default. Exceptions will be made for classes requiring HTML development, but class-related space should be requested by the instructor. Individual students requiring a web page must demonstrate an academic need and obtain a professor sponsor before contacting the Help Desk to request a hosted web page.

What are my options for personal webspace?

If you are interested in creating a blog, sharing photos, or generally developing an online identity there are numerous popular and free non-ITS services available to you including:

  • WordPress - The most popular web-hosting service is the free, which allows you to install multiple themes and features.
  • Google Sites – A new, free web-development service from Google that requires no HTML to create basic websites.
  • Blogger – Popular Google blogging system.
  • Picasa – Popular Google photo sharing and management.
  • Flickr – Yahoo’s popular photo sharing site.
Request Service


Service ID: 610
Fri 12/8/17 4:22 PM
Thu 2/1/18 3:46 PM