Hardware/software requests, issues, event equipment, technology equipment surplus, and mobile apps.

Services (11)

Hardware Issue

Support for broken hardware or hardware not working properly including desktop computers, laptops, mice, keyboards, printers, etc.

Hardware Service Request

Faculty and staff requests for hardware support including moves, preparing technology for new employee, re-imaging a computer, consulting, etc.

New Hardware Procurement Request

For requesting U of I approved standard Apple and HP products or submitting non-standard item request for approval. If your hardware is broken or malfunctioning please submit an Incident Ticket.

Warranty Claim Service

Warranty Claim Service provides assistance in returning equipment to vendors for warranty repair.

ITS Technology Lending

ITS owned equipment that can be requested to be borrowed for short periods of time.

Technology Equipment Surplus

Take away old, broken or outdated technology for you.

Note: All technology that stores data (computers, printers, FAX machines, etc.) must go through the department's IT support to properly prepare and dispose of the equipment.

If devices are on department's U of I inventory, use the U of I Asset Change tool to transfer assets to Orgn Code: 700 Technology Partnerships. Do not transfer to Facilities Surplus. ITS will transfer to Facilities surplus after devices have been prepared for surplus. See U of I's Asset Accounting for more information and instructions.

Software Issue

ITS supports core software such as Microsoft Office, Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge along with Windows 10 OS, Mac OSX, Android OS, Apple iOS. ITS VLab applications and lab software is also supported. Support for all other software is provided as a best effort assistance.

Please see Administrative Applications for support for Banner, Marketplace, FAMIS, Evisions/Argos, etc.

Software Request

Faculty and Staff use this service to request installation of software already available at the University of Idaho. This includes request for Microsoft Teams, adding software to vLabs, and, for Local Support/TSPs, to request software to be packaged and deployed by EMS.

To purchase a software license such as Adobe products (Acrobat Pro DC, Creative Cloud and individual applications) and Microsoft products (Power BI Pro, Project, Visio and Visual Studio) use New Software Procurement Request.

To get support for Administrative Applications (Banner, VandalWeb, Argos, etc.) see Administrative Applications.

Software Procurement Request

Facutly and Staff use this service to purchase software or renew licensed software for their use on U of I owned computers, including new purchases of Adobe software products such as Creative Cloud or Acrobat Pro DC.

Mobile Apps

General support for installing mobile apps commonly used at the University of Idaho including Outlook and DUO.

Not Seeing What You're Looking For?

Choose this if you have a Hardware or Software concern not listed above.