Please Read This First: You must be a full-time board appointed employee to download Microsoft Office and Sophos Antivirus. Enrolled students may also download Sophos Antivirus. Employees must accept the Microsoft Campus Agreement by logging into to the Account Management site and then click “Microsoft Campus Agreement” or “UI Anti-Virus” then read through the agreement and click the “I Agree” button. Then use your UI account credentials when clicking the below images.
- Staff and Faculty must uninstall Microsoft software and Sophos after leaving the University.
- Help Desk Supported Software List
(If this is your first time downloading you must read over the Microsoft agreement by logging into account management, see above for more details)
- Microsoft Office 2011 (Requires Intel-based hardware and OS X 10.5.8+)
Please note: After downloading and installing Microsoft Office, you will need to authenticate the installation. Follow our tutorial to activate your newly-installed software.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition – 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition – 32 bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition – 64 bit
(If this is your first time downloading you must accept the agreement by logging into account management, see above for more details)
- Sophos Antivirus for Windows
- Sophos Antivirus for Mac (UI Owned Computers)
- Sophos Antivirus for Mac (Personal Computers)
AirVandalGold Setup Tool
The AirVandalGold setup tool is designed to allow users to easily connect their Windows, iOS and Mac OS X devices to the University of Idaho wireless network.
AirVandalGold Setup Tool (for Windows)
AirVandalGold Setup Tool (for iOS/OS X 10.7 only)
Outlook junk e-mail reporting tools
In order to better report and combat spam emails and the Office 365 system, Microsoft has developed a set of plug-in junk email reporting and removing tools. This small plug-in will allow you to easily report junk emails from your Outlook 2007, 2010, 2011 or 2013 installation.
Active Directory Domain Setup Tool
This tool is provided to system administrators to assist them in joining computers to the University’s Active Directory domain. If you are not a system administrator, and would like assistance joining your computer to Active Directory, please contact the ITS Help Desk. We have also provided instructions on how to join the domain manually.
Are you having trouble determining whether your user directory or shared drives are properly mapped? The quickConnect Tool will automatically verify that your drives are mapped correctly. Please be aware that your computer may need to be restarted for the changes to take place.
VPN Client Software
The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client software allows secure encrypted network connections directly to the University network. Please only install this software if you are instructed to do so. Access to the VPN server is restricted.
- Windows AnyConnect (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- MacOS X AnyConnect (10.6, 10.7, 10.8)
- Linux (Red Hat 6 32-bit, Ubuntu 9.x/10.x/11.x 32-bit)
- Linux (Red Hat 6.4 64-bit, Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 64-bit)
- iOS (5.0 or later. Click the link on your iPhone or iPad to be taken straight to the App store, or search App Store for: ‘Cisco AnyConnect’)
- Android (generally 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later. Click the link to be take straight to the Play store, or search your Marketplace or vendor store for: ‘Cisco AnyConnect’)
Other Android vendors and experimental versions as listed by Cisco
AirVandalGold Security Certificate
The GlobalSign Root CA certificate for AirVandalGold. This download can be used to manually install the certificate on your machine.
Oracle Instant Client
The Oracle Instant Client can be used to access SQL databases. You can find the most recent version below.
SSH and SFTP clients
Below you will find links for the preferred SSH client (PuTTY) and SFTP client (WinSCP).