ITS would like to help you stay connected and up to date on new features and downloads made available to the University Community as well as inform you of the latest Windows, Sophos and other software patches and critical updates. So that this may be an easy and convenient process, ITS has created several social networking and media accounts for you to “follow” or “friend.” However, we would like to ensure our customers and the University Community that we are being responsible stewards of information and thus have made our internal guidelines available to the public. Please read them carefully and feel free to contact the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any additional questions, comments or concerns regarding our Social Media use. These guidelines are “living, breathing” principles and will be updated and altered as our needs and social media changes.
Add, friend, like or follow us on Facebook at ITS Help Desk, on Twitter at UIHelpDesk, or on YouTube at uofiitscs.
ITS Social Media Internal Guidelines:
- Adhere to all local and federal laws, including HIPPA, FERPA and copyright regulations, keeping ethical and professional responsibility at the forefront.
- When necessary, cite to sources used.
- Unless authorized to release new information, all information posted must already be public knowledge.
- Members of ITS posting on behalf of their department must have explicit authorization to do so. Employees must also receive approval to use social networking web sites to conduct University business.
- If no policy guideline exists, employees should use their best professional judgment and take the most prudent course of action possible. If uncertainty still exists, consult a manager or supervisor.
- Employees must receive explicit consent prior to posting information about a customer, employee or other related party.
- ITS will take all precautions necessary to ensure that all posts are accurate and correct. However, inaccurate or misleading posts will be corrected in a timely manner.
- If comment features are enabled on a social media site, ITS will moderate the content of comments to the best of their ability but ultimately does not endorse any information posted by “followers” and is ultimately not responsible for their content.
- All posts will be made in an effort to comply with the accessibility guidelines governed by Section 508 for the visual and hearing impaired.
- ITS will remain transparent and open when communicating via social media networks.
- All posts will be made with the intent to add value. ITS will remain engaged and informed so that our participation in a social media forum will be of use and of value to users, aiming for quality and not quantity.