In an effort to alleviate and expedite password resets, ITS is happy to roll out a brand new service called “Security Profile.” Upon logging in to the Account Management page, you will be prompted to set up your security profile – doing so is fast and easy and allows you to reset your password remotely without needing to stop by the ITS Help Desk!
You can follow this guide in setting up your security profile as well as learning how to remotely reset your password.
1. When you first log in to the account management page at https://help.uidaho.edu, you will be prompted to either create a security profile, set it to remind you later, or opt out.
Please note that if you opt out, you will not be able to reset your password online and will have to come in to the ITS Help Desk to have your password reset manually by the Help Desk staff.
Click the setup security profile button to begin the process.
2. You will be taken to the security questions screen where you will be asked to set up three security questions. ITS strongly recommends (and in some cases, such as Banner users, requires) three security questions for added protection.
Click the +add button and a new screen will pop up, allowing you to select one of many per-determined questions and enter an answer of your choice.
Once you provide the answer to the question and add it by clicking the add question button, the question will be stored in the question bank. Once you have added and answered three questions, click Continue to Security Contacts to continue.
3. You will be taken to a new screen where you can create one or more security contacts. Security contacts are basically “vetted” email address or a phone. The way the process works is you select or add an email or phone number to certify and a numerical code will be sent to it. With this code in hand, you can type it back to the system and certify the mailbox or phone. When you request a password reset, the new temporary password will be sent to this secondary inbox.
To add a new certified address, click the +add button. A new screen will pop up allowing you to enter a secondary email address, text or voice number. Enter the email or number into the field and click the send verification code button.
4. This will send a verification code to the email address or phone in question. If you elected to enter a voice number, you will be called by an automated message system which will read you back your verification code.
Write down this verification code and enter it back into the account management page.
5. After entering the code, you will notice a check mark next to your verified email or phone contact. You can add more than one security contact if you so choose.
6. Your security profile is now complete. You can use it to reset your password if you should ever forget it by clicking the link from the main account management page.