Once you leave the University of Idaho, you will need to do a full uninstallation of Sophos antivirus to prepare your computer for a new antivirus program to be installed without error. This tutorial will guide you through the process of completely removing Sophos antivirus from your Windows machine.
Remember that ITS has a list of other handy step-by-step tutorials that can be found on our tutorials page.
- Navigate to the installation folder on your hard drive. By default, Sophos is installed in library/Sophos Anti-Virus. Double-click the icon titled, “Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.pkg”:
- On the screen that follows, select “Continue” to begin the uninstall process:
- After the uninstall begins, you will need to select the hard drive Sophos is installed on. Once you have selected the correct hard drive, select “Continue”:
- The following screen confirms which device you selected previously. If this is correct, select “Install” to remove Sophos from your computer:
Note: The installer may require you authenticate before proceeding, depending on how your Mac OS is setup.; Key in your computer password, and select “OK” to continue:
- When the uninstall is complete, select “Close” to finish:
Your system is now ready to instal a new antivirus program such as AVG, Panda, Norton or McCaffee. If you encounter any problems during this installation, or any issues with your Sophos installation, please check the Sophos frequently asked question or contact the ITS Help Desk via email at email@example.com, by phone at 885-HELP or in person at our main office in the Idaho commons building, TLC room 128.